Saturday, October 25, 2014

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WINTER OLYMPICS

I've been busy sewing today making American Girl doll skating dresses.   It won't be long before winter weather will be here--even in Mississippi--and we will be shut in watching lots of television. One of my favorite telecasts in the olympic competitions is the women's figure skating.  And the main reason I like them is because I love to see the gorgeous outfits that the skaters wear.

These little skating dresses that I just finished making were indeed a challenge.  They have to be made from extremely stretchy fabric--in fact fabric that will stretch in four ways like Lycra or spandex.   Because most of the dresses are made of different textures and sheer values, it is sometimes time consuming locating fabric that will work for this type of costume.  But I took the easy way out and bought a kit of fabric to make one of the outfits, and already had on hand some fabric from dance costumes that I had made in the past.  The pattern that I used was designed by Lee and Pearl.

Here are some pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment