Friday, February 5, 2016

Yesterday, I started on a new sewing project for the American Girl doll. The stash of Lycra fabric that I have accumulated over the years needed to be used, and I found the perfect pattern for it. This panties and cami pattern by Love U Bunches uses a stretch fabric such as tee shirt knit or the Lycra that I will be using. It also uses fold-over elastic (FOE) to enclose the edges of each piece of the outfit in order to yield the perfect fit and ease of putting on and taking off the doll. The little iron on embroidery embellishments that I have been needing to find a use for added an extra little touch to the panties.

I finished only one outfit today because I spent much time setting up my serger for a cover stitch. Now that this is done, I will be able to finish the brown outfit in no time. Here are some pictures of this project.
Show less

No comments:

Post a Comment